Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 9- what makes God smile?

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 76
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: What makes God smile?
Point to Ponder; God smiles when I trust him

Question to consider; since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most.

Well, I must say, in this area, I am able to practice more fully. 10 years ago, I was very involved in letting my ego
self direct most of my actions. I need to trust God in all areas of my life. Some days, I need to get out of my own way!
Rick writes on page 76 “What God looks at is the attitude of your heart: is pleasing him your deepest desire? “



2009/03/05

When Serving God, Listen to Your Heart
by Rick Warren
A man's heart reflects the man. Proverbs 27:19 (NIV)
*** *** *** ***
The Bible uses the term "heart" to describe the bundle of desires, hopes, interests, ambitions, dreams, and affections that you have. Your heart represents the source of all your motivations – what you love to do and what you care about most. Even today, we still use the word in this way when we say, "I love you with all my heart."
Where did those interests come from? They came from God!
God had a purpose in giving you these inborn interests. Your emotional heartbeat is a key to understanding your shape for service. Don't ignore your interests; consider how they might be used for God's glory. There is a reason that you love to do these things.
Listen for inner promptings that can point to the ministry God intends for you to have.
This is excerpted from The Purpose Driven life daily devotional.

No comments: