Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 5 -Seeing LIfe From God's View

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 40
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: Seeing life from God’s View


Day 5
Point to Ponder: Life is a test and a trust

Question to consider; What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God?
What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

The opening sentence in this chapter is “The way you see your life shapes your life.”
I’m thinking about a program I saw on TV last night about the Crusaders in Turkey. I wonder how they saw their lives and the purpose
of losing their life for the Kingdom of GOD. And, also, the act of murdering “infidels” in the name of GOD.

I don’t see myself ever going on such an awful crusade. I do see this type of act as part of what turns people away from religion.
I would like to be able to go on a Crusade of Unconditional Love. I thought that I was capable of such a journey; however, life showed me that my human fragilities were such that I wasn’t up to the task. I am now in the process of remaking myself into the person
I thought I was, and still want to be.
The way I see myself, will shape my life, with GOD’s help.

“ unless you are faithful in small matters, you won’t be faithful in larger ones.” Luke 16:10

No comments: