Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 11-Becoming Best Friends with God

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 91
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: Becoming Best Friends with God

Day 11
Point to Ponder: God wants to be my best friend.
Question to Consider: What can I do to remind myself to think about t
God and talk to him more often through out the day?

I agree with Rick’s comment on page 87. You become friends with God through constant conversation.
“Friendship with God is possible only because of the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus.” We have
direct access to God as a result of Jesus death. We no longer have to live in the Old Testament ways, only preparing to
meet God, we have been given the gift of friendship, and we only have to accept it with open hearts.
Constant contact, on a daily basis, is how I build a relationship and friendship with GOD. The challenge is that
life gets in the way. Isn’t that true of all of our relationships.
How did that Joni Mitchell song go…” you don’t know what you’ve got … til it’s gone.”
Keep in touch with the people you value, and in that way, you keep in touch with GOD.

No comments: