Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 3- What drives your life?

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life, page 27
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: What Drives Your Life?
Day 3 – Thinking about my purpose.
Point to Ponder- Living on purpose is the path to peace
Question to consider: What would my family and friends say is the driving force in my life? What do I want it to be?

John and I watched the movie “Body of Lies” last night. It was a mediocre movie, but served to divert our attention from things in the “NOW” The content of the movie did set us both thinking about many world issues that we do try to avoid, due to the complexity of them. And, the fictional portrayal of social, political and religious conditions in the Middle East did reinforce our opinions.

What Drives my LIFE?
I like the statement on page 31. “Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. It defines what you do and what you don’t do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren’t. You simply ask, “Does this activity help me fulfill one of God’s purposes for my life?”

I’m prepared to admit that I worship a God of Peace with Justice- that would be the Catholic phrase I hear each Sunday. We also hear each Sunday, “that which you do for the least of ME, you do for ME.”

I think my family would say that what drives me is seeking to see everyone happy.
(Though I know now, that’s a near impossible task)


I would say that in 2009, I can see that I strive to point out hopeful paths to people.
And, I see the challenge to portray GOD, as a GOD of PEACE, vs a GOD of Vengeance.


It may seem like an up hill battle, but I am forever hopeful that PEACE will prevail

What drives your life?

No comments: