Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 4- Made to last forever

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 40
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter title- Made to last forever

Day 4- Thinking about my purpose
Point to ponder- There is more to life than just here and now
Question to consider- Since I was made to last forever,
what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?



I should stop worrying and start trusting GOD today.

I have a couple of challenges with some of this reading. There is the phrase, “if you learn to love and trust God’s Son, Jesus, you will be invited to spend the rest of eternity with him” The writer infers that those who don’t follow Jesus won’t find peace in eternity.
Recently- I read an interesting comment about this subject, the writer (and I’ll have to find the quote at another time) introduced a new idea. I’ll paraphrase- It’s none of your business whether or not the other person believes in Jesus- it’s your business only to keep your self on track.
The other challenge, “death is not the end of you! Death is not your termination, but your transition into eternity, so there are eternal consequences to everything you do on earth. Every act our lives strike some chord that will vibrate in eternity.”
I have two thoughts- First: If we all thought about the consequences of our actions, perhaps earth would be a better place for all. It seems in order to think that way, we must get to a mature spiritual place, and not operate from a childish – my way or the highway perspective.
Second: I don’t think we take the idea that there are eternal consequences for our actions on earth very seriously. Our feet are planted in a space where we believe that humans rule the earth.
What do you think.

No comments: