Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 6- Life is a temporary assignment

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 52
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: Life is a Temporary Assignment.


Day 6
Point to Ponder; This world is not my home.
Question to consider; How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?


I’ve heard the phrase “I’m just passing thru” from a dear person in my life for almost 35 years. It has, and to some degree still frustrates me.
The phrase frustrated the control freak in me. When something goes amiss, I want to repair the problem.
However, with age and experience, I do see that I am not in control of what happens in life. I am not fully on board with life after death.
Rick quotes the psalmist 39: 4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away. “Even in ancient times, this humble human was aware of life on earth was like “ just passing thru”
How have I changed my way of living, now that I am aware that I won’t be here forever? Try to make every day count! Live each day as though it were my last

No comments: