Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 14- When God Seems Distant

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 113
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: When God seems distant.


Day 14
Point to Ponder: God is real no matter what
Question to consider: How can I stay focused on God’s presence, especially when he feels distant?


God is real no matter what. I’ll not ever deny the existence of God- or Spirit- what ever term you want to use.
Just look around you – evidence of something, an entity – that is unique and powerful – is everywhere.

The challenge we face as spirits in physical bodies is to maintain that belief, sometimes on faith
when things go wrong in our lives.

I stay focused during the times when I feel closeness and when I sense distance
thru prayer and meditation, including chanting Buddhist chants -
Rick includes a quote on page 107
“ The Lord has hidden himself from his people, but I trust him and place my
hope in him. ( Isaiah 8 : 17)
No more needs to be said!

No comments: