Thursday, March 19, 2009

DAy 16- What Matters Most

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 129
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: What Matters Most
Point to ponder; Life is all about Love
Question to Consider Honestly, are relationships my first priority? How can I ensure that
they are?

DAy 16


What matters most? “Life is all about Love” Rick writes on page 123.
He states a little later, “Learning to love unselfishly is not an easy task. It runs counter to our
self centered nature.” pg 123
He goes on to add on page 124 “Often we act as if relationships are something to be squeezed into our schedule.”

Does any of this ring true in your life. Do you wake up each day and say, why don’t I have time to visit with
….? you name the person… or persons.
If we follow the train of thought that God is love, other people in our lives represent God and God’s love,
and we let our self centered nature get in the way of relationships, then we are letting our self centered nature get in the way of
our loving relationship with God.
I’m thinking about Natasha Richardson this morning
Every day has the potential to be our last day.
Kiss your loved ones, make that phone call, forgive the hurt, open up to life in the moment.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

this applies to all people, not just those we have a relationship with. If you silently bless each person you come in contact with during the day, smile at someone you dont know this is Gods love. Nomestay (not sure if thats spelled right but it means the God in me acknowledges the God in you) And yes the close relationships need attention also but you're not, not honoring God if you havent got the time to fit all of us in your day. Working on the close realtionships is an ongoing chore, its so much easier to bless a stranger than someone close to you who has "hurt, offended, insulted etc etc etc" you. Your ego is in charge at that point. And our ego demands that we Have To Be Right and will go to any extreme to bring that point home. Unconditional love, from the egos view I love you even if you are an asshole. LOL Unconditional love I love you because you are, whatever my ego self perceives you to be I do not judge or assume anything is Gods love

Janine said...

I'm just chuckling to myself, cause I see the path, but can't always stay on it! LOL