Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 7 It's all for him

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 59
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: The Reason for Everything

Day 7
Point to Ponder; It’s all for Him.

Question to Consider: Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God’s glory.

The chapter opens with the statement, “It’s all for him” I guess that it’s my ego that has trouble with that statement.
I have, however, tried to make it a practice to give thanks to GOD everyday for the events of the day, no matter what happened.
I try to take a deep breath of fresh air and thank GOD for life. I use this as a centering activity.
I guess that action is also there to keep my ego in check. So, instead of thinking that it’s all about me, I am reminded that its all about God.

No comments: