Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DAy 18- Experience Life Together

From Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life page 144
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter Title: Experiencing life together.
Point to ponder; I need others in my life.
Question to Consider: What one step can I take today to connect with another believer at a more genuine, heart to heart level?

Day 18

Rick writes, “ life is ment to be shared” Many days, I prefer to think that “ I am a rock, I am an Island- and a rock feels no pain, and an Island never cries.”
I do cherish what Rick calls “authentic fellowship” , not “ superficial chit chat”
I find that I grow from what he refers to as “heart to heart – gut level sharing” pg 139
These kinds of conversations require trust.
He also writes on page 142 that “ Fellowship is a place of grace, where mistakes aren’t rubbed in but rubbed out. … Mercy wins over justice.”
“many people are reluctant to show mercy because they don’t know the difference between trust and forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past. Trust has to do with future behavior.” pg 143

For me, trust, forgiveness and letting go of the past all have to happen in the moment. Every day brings it’s challenges.
Today, I’ll try to forgive and trust a fellow believer who spends a lot of time engaging in superficial chit chat with me.

No comments: