Thursday, February 26, 2009

It all starts with GOD

From Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life page 21
This will be my 5th round of reading thru this book.
It’s part of my public LENTEN journey
Feel free to comment, question, add- this is, as the say at Planet Fitness, a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE.

Chapter title- It all starts with GOD

Day 1- Thinking about my purpose
Point to ponder- It’s not about me.
Question to consider- In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for GOD, not myself?

Janine’s thoughts;

I still rebel against this idea. I want my life to be about me.
However, deep inside, I know better, that I am part of a greater… the word escapes me at the moment. Some days I think the word is “experiment”. LOL And, GOD is experimenting with humans.
I have to remember to change my question from- what do I want to do with my life to
GOD, guide me in where you want me to go. So, I am hearing acceptance and surrender.
Some days it’s easier than others.

I must remain in contact with the higher power I chose to call GOD thru prayer, meditation and surrender. Sometimes, minute by minute! I think the surrender part is where we let GOD use us for the purpose we were intended. Sort of like what we do with REIKI. We are vehicles for the healing energy of the earth to come in contact with others.

1 comment:

Janine said...

What a great way to serve GOD, thru pets. I didn't check your site yet, I'm sure you set it up with the love of your pets in mind.