Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

I think the key to Ash Wednesday, Lent and the Glory of Easter is reflected in the reading for last Sunday from The Book of the Prophet Isaiah, 43: 18

Thus says the LORD- ( to Isaiah and also us in the present moment)

Remember not the events of the past, the things of long ago consider not;
see, I am doing something new!
Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
In the desert I make a way, in the wasteland, rivers.


The people ( us humans ) I formed for myself, that they might announce my praise.

Yet you did not call upon me, O Jacob.
for you grew weary of me, O Israel.

You burdened me with your sins, and wearied me with your crimes.

It is I, I who wipe out, for my own sake, your offenses;

Your sins I remember no more.

And this, my dear friends, is what we are charged to do with one another, in the present moment, as we represent GOD on earth.

Join in my Lenten conversation

2 comments:

Fred Poole said...

Thank you for this one, Janine.

Janine said...

You are welcome.
I hope I can keep up the momentum!
and post for 40 days LOL