Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Women Children and Climate Change # 2

We entered into Manhattan via the Lincoln
Tunnel, and I was reminded about all the traffic one encounters during the morning rush hour. Climate Change, as the UN Briefing would remind us later, is brought about in part by an increase in greenhouse gases. (human causes vs natural causes ) Vehicle emissions are a large contributor to the increase in carbon in the atmosphere.
( someone correct me if I got this wrong)
My mind drifted for a moment as we entered the tunnel
  • I'm on public transportation.
  • I caught the 7 AM bus that arrives at Port Authority at 9 35AM
  • I still haven't gotten to my destination- the UN
  • The United States and China are said to be the biggest contributors to carbon emmissions
  • How are we going to change the habit in the United States of people using their private cars for transportation to work?
  • Whose going to tackle the Chinese government and convice them they need to stop using outdated industrial manufacturing methods that contribute to air pollution and water pollution?
  • Where is the DAVID that is going to take on GOLIATH

No comments: