Monday, December 8, 2008

My Irish Christmas Tree- Put Christ back in Christmas

I started the tradition of setting up a small Christmas tree in our kitchen 4 years ago, because I wanted to see bright lights in the kitchen area, not just in the living room. I decorated it with white lights and green and white ornaments, angel ornaments, and Irish ornaments, with a sampling of Italian and German decorations to round out our family genealogy.
Four years later, it is now a tradition, and a tree that I look forward to decorating. I've left it half decorated this morning, as I have to finish my AVON Christmas order and get off to work in Kingston. I'm going to try an experiment this year, I'm going to wish Christians - Merry Christmas and people who are Jewish, Happy Hanukkah. Christ belongs in Christmas a little more, I believe. Jesus is after all, the reason, for the season.

No comments: