Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blind Date at the Steel House

What a hoot! I know I am getting old when I leave an event because the music is to loud.
We got to the Steel House an hour early and sat and enjoyed Woodstocker Eric Erickson
warm up playing guitar and singing light easy listening songs from the '60's. My kind of music, songs I can sing along with and bring warm fuzzy feelings within the words.
The cover band hired for the event, Blind Date, came along and Eric was dispatched back to the hills of Woodstock. Their music was fairly good. All the band members were engaged and the singer was doing her best to draw enthusiasm from the audience.
Back at the tables, we were using sign language, finishing sentances as each song ended, and generally trying to figure out what happend to us 50-60 somethings.
Back in the day, I would stand in front of the speakers and listen to Jerry Moore and the work band play at the Village Jug and be perfectly happy!

1 comment:

Janine said...

Cool, I can get my windows tinted!