Monday, January 19, 2009

The End of the Bush 2 Era

I won’t be shedding tears of good bye tomorrow. In my nearly 40 years of paying attention to the person that is president of this great country, I don’t recall anyone in the office who has generated more hatred from the American public than George W. Bush. Even the dislike and distrust created by the aura of Richard M. Nixon can’t hold a candle to the way people feel about Bush 2.
I won’t be joining the group on FACEBOOK that is planning to “smudge “the White House. Bush didn’t act alone in any of the areas that Americans are dissatisfied about. There is a long list of elected and appointed officials who are partners in his actions.
Nor will I be flipping the middle finger at Bush 2. I’ll let editor of the Woodstock Times Brian Hollander do that for all the people he represents.
I will be pondering how one would go about rebuilding the National Republican Party.
Our country needs two strong parties to continue the debate of issues that face our nation.

No comments: