Friday, January 16, 2009

Brisk and Dark

That's what the morning looked like at 5 15 am when I trudged out to the recycling pile to add a few more old newspapers to the collection. Brisk, dark and simply beautiful. The stars are so much more bright in the winter night air. They seem to be beconing, we are warm, look at us, we glow for all to see. The peaceful night sky was interupped by the sounds of a jet plane making its way south. Where on earth are they traveling from! Where are they headed? Home? To Work?
Are you suffering a case of the January doldrums? Embrace Winter, make it your friend.
Stand outside in the sunshine today and give thanks for its warmth. I watered my christmas cactus this morning and reminded them to be patient, soon they would be transported outside to the summer growing spots. The four large plants, most over 30 years old, rewarded our household with a month of non stop blooms. Winter beauty!

2 comments:

Al Mower said...

I couldn't agree more. I was saying yesterday that people just want the next thing..when it's hot they want cold, when it rains, they want sun. Just be happy with what you have. -Alexa

Janine said...

It's the hardest task for humans.
I know, I am one who struggles daily. Be happy in the moment.
Eckart Tolle- a tough read, but he makes one heck of a point.