Tuesday, January 20, 2009

7 AM Inauguration Day

I’ve stayed away from all the hoop la generated by the media surrounding the Obama Inauguration. I will watch the speech on TV later today. I happen to have the day off, without pay, from my job.

I have a sense that I don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket. I don’t want to jump on the train that points to Obama being the person who is going to save us from ourselves.
Perhaps he will be a breath of fresh air that allows the American people to blossom again.

We didn’t get in the mess we are in here in the United States over night. And the mess wasn’t just magically created over the past 8 years. The mess isn’t going to resolve itself magically in four years. We, as a country have lost our emigrant energy- we’ve lost the sense that we are the country of promise and possibility. President Obama can make all the promises in the universe. He needs the actions of the American people to back up his
plans for change. ( and that includes the cooperation from the Senate, Congress and Governors of 50 states)

No comments: