Monday, January 1, 2018

Wow- a decade of blogging

Amazingly, I’ve been posting to this blog for ten years. After reviewing my original posts, it looks like I started the blog when I was doing a TV show on the local access channel here in Woodstock. I had joined the AAUW local chapter in 2007 and became friends with Garnette. We did a show together working to encourage people to vote. I’m trying to recall exactly why I titled my blog “View from my Kitchen Window”. With the benefit of a decade of time to finesse the answer, I think it was essentially due to the habit I have of deep thinking while I do my dishes. Yes, by hand.. Some days, more frequently than I’d like to admit. I’m blessed to be able to look out on a field- which has a wondrous life of its own. Each season, each time of day, the field morphs into a scene that is truly beautiful. A lot has happened in the past decade- I’ve become a grandmother four times, achieved a bachelor’s degree in nursing, watched my dad move from his independent 80’s into being in his 90’s and with failing health, lost a job that I thought I would work at forever and re appear in a career that is more challenging than I could imagine. I ran for town board in Woodstock, twice, and lost to Jay Wenk both times. Most importantly, my hubby and I are healthy, happy and each year find more and more amazing things to talk about and places on this great planet to explore. Our kids are happy, successful and healthy. Our fleamarket is starting its 41st year on the corner of Maple Lane and Deanies Alley in Woodstock. ( woodstockflea.blogspot.com) The photos included in this post are the view included in my kitchen window. Mary is always nearby, ready to receive my prayers and deliver good counsel. I work each day to let my faith be bigger than any of my fears. I look forward to continuing to blog every now and again, especially when a topic floats into the forefront of my mind while mediating on the view from my kitchen window.

No comments: