Sunday, January 26, 2014

Morning time

Morning time is a special time because that space when just waking and before the day takes off at full speed is where beauty can resides. The field outside my window wears many faces, often controlled by the season and the weather. This morning, as I wiped the remnants of sleep from my eyes, my first glance out the window revealed that the grasses are brown; the snow is whitish grey in its pre dawn splendor. There is a black cat sitting at attention, as still as can be, watching and waiting for an unsuspecting mouse to scurry along. As I fill the tea kettle, I get a sense that there is a reddish glow descending on my view. The sky to the west still holds the dark blue hue of dawn, the sky to the east resembles the color of a light baby blue blanket with pink clouds. The little pink orange glow of the rising sun begins to paint the field with a reddish orange tint. The essence of the field changes from winter white to this amazing warm hearty earth tone resembling the painted rocks of the Grand Canyon. Then, as suddenly as this glow appeared, everything switched into winter grey, and snow flakes began to fall. Time lapse- 3 minutes.

No comments: