Friday, January 3, 2014

a lasting gift

These little African violets were a gift from a good friend when I graduated from College in June. I don't have the greatest track record with African Violets. Usually after a few months they shrivel up and begin to look like thirty cactus. My mom, Winnie and my mother in law, Annie, now they could grow African Violets. Winne had at least half a dozen plants in her dining room window ,different sizes and different colors. They responded quite well to Winnies care because all the plants were healthy and happy. Annie kept her African Violets in pots set along her kitchen window. A few were quite large, all the plants thrived on the love Annie gave them. Much to my surprise, a week or so before Christmas, this little plant sprouted a few blooms.

No comments: