Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday 2009

Today is the day Christians celebrate the victory of Jesus over death.
I think he was still physically dead, but he was spiritually alive more than ever- visiting his friends and disciples in the physical body that they were familiar with.

We are asked to emulate Jesus. I ‘m not lining up to hang on a cross, but if you think about it, don’t we all have the opportunity to die on our own metaphorical cross of sin and misbehaviors and be reborn in peace and serenity- every minute of every day?

I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit, the holy Earth, the Source of energy for the earth, the Spirit that all who inhabit the earth can be in touch with.

I found myself during Mass on Holy Thursday entering into a Reiki meditation. I wanted to be in touch with the spirit energy and that seemed to be the best vehicle to get to the place I needed to be. I was letting myself die in the moment, trusting that I would be reborn a few minutes later, in a better place.

Today I’m going to make sure I place myself outside in the sun, away from all the tasks that are tugging at me inside the house- to fill myself with the energy of the earth.

Today is a good day to be mindful of starting fresh, letting go, moving on and walking in faith into the future.

Peace

No comments: