Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Standing on the Steps outside the community center

I went to the Community center last night, that little building on Rock City Road where John and I were married 35 years ago. I planned to be part of the public be heard comment section of the Woodstock Land Conservancy Presentation. The parking lot was full to capacity, as expected and the meeting room was standing room only.
I was late, 8 PM, and wasn't sure what the process was, so I asked Deputy Town Clerk Lynn what the format was. Written questions to be handed in on cards, no public comment. Hummm, says I to myself. I sat a few minutes and decided, why not go home and listen on the web. I can balance my check book and do a few other things while I listen to the presentation. I don't have any questions about the easement. I don't like that we have it, but I have accepted that it is part of my Woodstock taxpayer life now.


As I walked out into the cool summer air, I encountered Joan Swartzburg, who told me she was steaming. She was mad at the town board because they wouldn't let her speak in the 10 minute public be heard session before the presentation.
Why? I'll listen to what you have to say. In the process of telling me what happened, I didn't get the gist of her comments. ( Sorry Joan)

Then, town board candidate Ken Panza came out, and he was of the same opinion, might as well go home and watch on TV. I guess we were part of the community that wants to still have input and debate the use of the Comeau. ( and we were on opposite sides of the issue)

I think the Comeau use and the Comeau easement will be made into the hot topic for the democratic primary this September. To bad, cause boy do we have a whole lot of
other issues facing the town.

No comments: